Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another ho-hum day in paradise...

Hi Everyone - I'm back. I was just hanging out with the kids today, getting some "stuff" done and thought about that bumper sticker I saw several weeks ago - "Just another ho-hum day in paradise". Well, that thought came and went pretty quickly, as most thoughts do when the 9-month-old wants my attention.

Later, while doing some other "stuff", I remembered the bumper sticker. I realized that I was complaining quietly to myself that I had so much "stuff" to do, that I was never going to get it all done. Here is my new realization about how terrible my life is because of how much "stuff" I have to do:

1. I had to finish laundry this morning (read: I have clothing; my family has clothing; we have enough clothing that we are all wearing something different while our other clothing is in the wash; we have a washer and dryer in our home; we have clean running hot and cold water to the appliances; we have detergent to clean the clothing.)

2. I had to go grocery shopping and then put it all away when we got home (read: we have a car; we have money to put gasoline in the car to make it run; I have time to go to the grocery store; I have money to buy all the food we want and need; I have a home with enough clean space to put away all the food I just bought; I have a refrigerator and freezer to keep the food fresh).

3. I had to clean out the dishwasher and wash the other dishes (read: I have a dishwasher in my kitchen; I have clean hot and cold running water to the dishwasher; I have enough dishes to fill up the dishwasher and still have some in my cupboard; I have detergent to clean the dishes).

Thanks be to the Great Abundance for all the gifts in my life. I will now return to my ho-hum day in paradise.

No comments: